The sport of swimming was recorded in the first modern Olympic Games in 1896 in Athens.
Swimming was characterized as building the perfect fitness, physique, and strength to the swimmer, besides self-confidence and mental practice.
The Four Main Strokes in Swimming are:
Competitive swimming starts at age 11 years old, with the distance becoming different from competition to competition, depending on the age.
The Stages are as Follows:
- Freestyle (50M – 100M – 200M – 400M – 800M – 1500M)
- Backstroke (50M – 100M – 200M)
- Breaststroke (50M – 100M – 200M)
- Butterfly (50M – 100M – 200M)
- 200M divided into ( 50M Butterfly – 50M Backstroke – 50M Breaststroke – 50M Freestyle)
- 400M divided into ( 100M Butterfly – 100M Backstroke – 100M Breaststroke – 100M Freestyle)
- 10 swimmers X 50M freestyle
- 4 swimmers X 100M freestyle
- 4 swimmers X 100M medley
2020 © WADI DEGLA, all rights reserved